Radon is very infectious and a hazard causing gas. Preventing radon from contaminating the nature is the most necessary step to be taken by every house owner, as it directly impacts on your family and dear ones. Radon system installations are effective ways of removing the harmful gas radon from your surrounding areas and help you avoid life taking instances. You need to get rid of the harmful traces of radon from air that you inhale and the water which you use for consumptions and daily uses. If you are confident about your skills you can set up your own mitigation system, you would just do great with a helpful guide.
Why should you do it?
Radon system installations are heavy on pockets, when you take help of professional installers. Very expensive the whole instalment process can be. You can obviously cut the costs, if you try out the installation yourself. The best service is provided by you, for the safety of your own belongings.
The steps of installation
- Firstly for conducting radon system installation you should be aware about the places which consists the maximum amount of radon. You should work specifically on those areas. A radon detector is of great help, which consistently points out the places with radon. The detector for detecting radon are of various ranges, out of which the long term detectors though costly can give you service for long by detecting the radon level for you for many years.
- You have to mark a hole in the basement of your home to install the PVC pipe.
- Drilling holes surrounding the pipe, making an outline.
- A demolition hammer is used to create a hole for inserting the PVC pipes.
- You need to vacuum and take out all dirt and dust with a help of a drill, make sure no dust particles are left behind.
- Using your hand create a hole removing the dirt and mud which has a diameter of 20 inches, that is enough for fixing the pipe.
- After setting the PVC pipe in the basement you need to connect it in such a way that it reaches the walls.
- The pipe base needs to be stuffed along with rubber rod, and the placement should be done in such a manner that it is below the basement.
- Using cement you need to seal and close the pipe, so that no leakage takes place.
- Connecting the pipe to electric fan is the next required step to be followed.
- The pipe should extend from the fan till the roof
- The system monitor needs to be set up in the basement
The requirements to conduct radon system installation
- PVC pipes
- Elbow joints
- Piping insulation
- Fan that mitigates radon
- Hydraulic cement
- Piping brackets
- Rubber stalker
Radon system installation when conducted by you is done much more efficiently and in a customised way, as it is your own home and own people, you give your best service and get rid of all the amount of radon that can harm you! Read More